Stoptober is the 28-day stop smoking challenge which takes place every October. It is the biggest mass quit attempt in the country and has led to over 1 million quit attempts to date. Stoptober is based on research that shows if you can stop smoking for 28-days, you are five times more likely to stay smokefree for good.
There are lots of ways to quit and we can help you choose what works for you. There is a range of free support available on your quitting journey including a personal quit plan tool, an app, and lots of encouragement from the Stoptober online community.
In addition, you can get expert advice over the telephone or face-to-face from the Smokefree South Gloucestershire team. You can quit using stop smoking medicines (including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) such as patches and gum, prescription medication such as Champix or using vapes).
Those who use stop smoking aids and who get expert support from us increase their chances of quitting successfully.
Personal Quit Plan
3 Reasons to Quit
- feel healthier: no matter how long you’ve smoked for, quitting can help improve your health straight away
- save money: you’ll have much more cash in your pocket. If you smoke a packet a day, you could save around £250 each month
- protect your family: quitting helps protect your loved ones from harmful secondhand smoke – reducing their risk of developing asthma, meningitis and some cancers
There has never been a better time to quit smoking because:
- quitting success rates are high
- there are better quitting aid options; with vapes now the most popular
- there are more restrictions on smoking
- there is a stronger anti-smoking culture in England