Dancing is a wonderful way to keep active and have fun while meeting new friends.
Below is a list of dance classes taking place in South Gloucestershire, please be advised that there are costs to attend these sessions. Click on the location headings to expand the list.
Kingswood Estate: Studio One
Longwell Green Community Centre
Useful resources and information
- Supporting Communities | St. Monica Trust – helps older people form treasured relationships and make the most of their lives. Local community worker, Sato, would like to hear your stories. If you have interests and skills to share or are re-starting a group, call 07971 670880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UK Chief Medical Officers’ guidelines – physical activity for adults and older adults – The guidelines emphasise the importance of building strength and balance for adults as well as 150 minutes per week of moderate physical activity and, for older adults, activities to improve balance.
- The National Centre for Exercise and Sports Medicine has produced this guide to staying active at home during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Benefits of exercise – Exercise is free, easy to take, has an immediate effect. It can also reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer by up to 50%.
- “We Are Undefeatable” – this new campaign aims to help people with long-term health conditions to get more active. Visit the campaign website for more information.
- Physical activity and mental health -Sport and physical activity has a powerful and positive effect on mental health. Visit the Sport England website to find out more.
- See our top 10 tips for motivation and change.
- One You national website
- Download the Active 10, Easy Meals and a range of other One You apps – on the Apple store or Google Play