Table of Contents
Information for families in South Gloucestershire to support them to live healthy, happy lives. This page contains information on local programmes as well as information about how to access online support such as tools and apps.
Healthy Me is a free weekly programme for families with children aged 2-4 years to help children eat well, move more and get off to the best start in life.
Families will attend 6 sessions which includes fun, family play developing your child’s strength, balance and coordination and sharing helpful tips on:
- Packed lunches & snacks
- Screen time & sleep
- Me size meals
- Keeping hydrated
The programme is suitable for families:
- with children aged 2-4 years
- living in South Gloucestershire. or registered at a GP surgery in South Gloucestershire.
And the following:
- Concerns around physical development (e.g., gross motor skills) or
- Low levels of physical activity / active play or
- Concerns around nutrition or
- Living in a family with financial hardship
Sessions start from January 2023 and will be running at:
- Staple Hill Children’s Centre on Thursdays 9:30-10:30am
- Cadbury Heath Hall on Fridays 9:30-10:30am
For more information or to book a place call 01454 865337
If you are a practitioner or are self-referring, please fill out our referral form or call 01454 865337
You can access the promotional leaflet here.
Healthy Weight Programme (families)
What is the Healthy Weight Programme (families)?
The Healthy Weight Programme (families) is a free 12-week programme delivered by the Active Lifestyle Centres in South Gloucestershire. The includes 12 weekly family sessions consisting of top tips and fun games, as well as access to 12 family physical activities such as swimming, badminton, table tennis.
If your child meets the below eligibility criteria, they can be referred to the programme by the One You team. To find out more complete the One You healthy weight families referral form and a member of the team will be in touch within 5 working days.
- Aged 5 to 17 years
- Has a BMI ≥91st centile with no co-morbidity
- Lives in South Gloucestershire. or registered at a GP surgery in South Gloucestershire
- Parents/carers must consent to the referral and attend/engage in all provision alongside the child or young person
- Does not have a history of or an ongoing eating disorder
Useful resources and information
- Healthier families – Easy ways to eat well and move more
- The eatwell guide – government recommendations on eating healthily and achieving a balanced diet.
- Infant feeding – support and advice and breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Weaning – expert NHS advice, helpful videos, tips from other parents, and lots of simple, healthy weaning recipe and meal ideas.
- Better Health website – keep track of calories
- Download the Active 10, couch to 5k and a range of other One You apps – on the Apple store or Google Play
- Healthy eating doesn’t need to be dull. Whip up tasty family meals with these easy step-by-step recipes.
- Love Food Hate Waste. This website is full of recipes and advice for health meals that are better for you and better for the planet: Love Food Hate Waste |