Improve your Mental Wellbeing
Table of Contents
Five Ways to Wellbeing
There are many things we can all do to improve our mental wellbeing every day and also to help ourselves cope during times of stress and difficulty. The Five Ways to Wellbeing include some of the most widely accepted and current approach to positively managing your own mental wellbeing.Five Ways To Wellbeing
10 keys to happier living
Everyone’s path to happiness is different. Based on the latest research, the Action for Happiness movement have identified 10 Keys to Happier Living that consistently tend to make life happier and more fulfilling. Together they spell “GREAT DREAM”.10 Keys for happier living
Resilience is a widely used term and most often describes how an individual copes and thrives with the different challenges in life.
Some examples of these challenges are:
- family or relationship problems
- health problems
- workplace and financial worries
No one, irrespective of gender, race or wealth is immune from such challenges.
Likewise resilience is a trait we all have to different extents and also a skill we can all work on developing. Overcoming challenges can often help us develop resilience and helping people (children included) to understand this can be a useful process.
Some skills, beliefs and behaviours contribute to resilience
- Understanding what causes your stress
- Having your own strategies for coping and managing stress (self-talk, breathing exercises, finger tracing, being mindful)
- Accepting yourself and your own shortcomings
- Accepting that others have shortcomings
- Understanding that we all face some challenges in life
- Understand everyone fails sometimes
- Understand everyone has talents
- Keeping things in perspective
- Learning to resolve conflicts and overcoming difficult tasks
- Recognising when you need help and knowing where to get it
One You national website – Mental Health
How are you taking care of your mental health? Get expert advice and practical tips on the national One You website.One You national website
One You recommended digital apps
Below are a range of apps, relating to mental health and wellbeing, which are recommended by One You.
- Thrive: Feel Stress Free helps you manage stress, anxiety and related conditions. Use the app to relax before a stressful situation or as part of your regular routine. Download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- IPrevail connects you with people who face similar situations and know what you’re going through, with communities on stress, anxiety, depression and more. Download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- CatchIt teaches you how to look at problems in a different way, turn negative thoughts into positive ones, and improve your mental wellbeing. Download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- The Pzizz app aims to help you stop your mind racing, get to sleep, stay asleep and wake up refreshed. Download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Feeling Good uses the principles of cognitive behavioural therapy to help improve thoughts and feelings, self-esteem and self-confidence. Download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Improving your mental wellbeing edoc
Improving your mental wellbeing
Signposts to groups and activities you could take part in to help you promote and manage your mental health and wellbeing.Start reading
Reading for health
We work with partners to provide lists of recommended reading on a range of topicsReading for health initiative