Resources – models and kits
How to order
To order any of the below resources, please contact us via:
Please include the below information when you order:
- Email address
- Preferred collection point
List of Resources
The following kits and models are available to order and be collected – please click on the “plus” symbol to see the full range of resources available for each topic area.
We kindly ask that you return models and kits to the same location that you collected them from.
Alcohol and drugs
- Death of a liver
- Drunk buster glasses – these glasses give the perception of being drunk
- Hand washing machines – Useful for showing steps to good hand washing and talking about why this is important.
NHS Health Checks
- NHS Health Check Results Booklets – For GP practices in South Gloucestershire to give to their patients at their NHS Health Check. Includes information on reducing alcohol intake, cardiovascular disease, mental health, healthy eating, stopping smoking and active living. If the booklet is out of stock, it can be downloaded from our website to print in-house.
- NHS Health Check Information leaflet:For GP practices in South Gloucestershire to send to patients with their NHS Health Check invitation. Hard copies of the national information leaflet in the most popular languages and in a range of alternative formats including Braille, BSL and Easy Read are available for order here When ordering, quote the stock number on the left hand side of the table here. Printer friendly versions are available here.
- NHS Health Check Dementia leaflet:The NHS Health Check dementia leaflet has been developed to support the dementia information given to those who attend an NHS Health Check appointment. These leaflets are available to order free of charge in a variety of formats and languages through the Department of Health order line or you may download individual copies below here.
- Replica foods – contains replicas from a selection of food and drink items. This kit contains small items so may be a choking hazard; therefore not suitable for use with young children. It can be used with the Eatwell Floorgame – but this needs to be ordered separately
- Sugar kit – highlights the amount of sugar in various foods and includes resources for activities
- Mix up n Munch Leaflets – a guide to making packed meals and teas that are healthy, balanced and nutritious for children 1-4 years. Suitable for parents/carers
- Healthy Eating box – includes story sacks, books, games and role play items
Eatwell Guide Floorgame – activity to promote understanding of the nutrients in everyday foods, nutrition labels and a healthy balanced diet.
(This kit does not contain food models or packaging. Replica food models can be ordered separately.)
- Alligator tooth brushing puppet – Large alligator puppet to show young children how to brush their teeth and comes with a large toothbrush
- Large Jaw and toothbrush – can be used to demonstrate correct brushing techniques using this giant set of teeth. Comes with an oversized toothbrush.
- Molar tooth with cavern – Molar tooth showing cavity.
- Dental health box – includes model teeth and toothbrushes, a two minute sand timer, books, and role play items.
- Baby tar – A baby’s bottle filled with tar and cigarettes to show the effect of smoking while pregnant and the effect of second hand smoke on a baby.
- Clem’s Phlegm – A sealed jar containing the amount of phlegm a smoker with COPD would cough up in about two weeks.
- Death of a lung – A model showing what a normal lung, a lung with emphysema and a lung with cancer look like.
- Harry’s scary tongue – This model provides a graphic look at what using tobacco does to the tongue.
- Jar of tar: 20 a day – This shows the amount of tar that a 20 a day smoker takes into their lungs in approximately one year.
- What’s in tobacco smoke – represents 4000 chemicals found in tobacco smoke, contains a mix of chemicals in jars e.g. insects, tar, butane
- Co Monitors – For professionals, the CO monitor is a tool to biochemically establish a person’s smoking status. For smokers, an aid to encourage them to quit.
Where to collect
Please see below for the list of collection points. Please click the + symbol to see the list of collection points for each South Gloucestershire area. Collection is also available via South Gloucestershire Council internal post and from the Council’s Badminton Road office (please call first).
- Bradley Stoke Library (staff only) – 1 Fiddlers Wood Ln, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 9BS
- Chipping Sodbury Library – High St, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol BS37 6AH
- Downend Library – Buckingham Gardens, Downend, Bristol BS16 5TW
- Emerson’s Green Library – Emerson Way, Emersons Green, Bristol BS16 7AP
- Hanham Library – High St, Hanham, Bristol BS15 3EJ
- Kingswood Library – Kingswood Civic Centre, High St, Kingswood, Bristol BS15 9TR
- Kingswood One Stop Shop – High St, Bristol, BS15 9TR
- Thornbury Library – St Mary St, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2AA
- Winterbourne Library – Flaxpits Ln, Winterbourne, Bristol BS36 1LA
- Yate Children’s Centre (staff only) – 183 Cranleigh Ct Rd, Yate, Bristol BS37 5DP
- Yate Library – Unit 44, Yate Shopping Centre, W Walk, Yate, Bristol BS37 4AX
- Yate One Stop Shop – Kennedy Way, Yate, Bristol BS37 4DQ
Please see the below link for further information about South Gloucestershire libraries, including the address and opening and closing times.Go to the South Gloucestershire Libraries webpage
Please see the below link for further information about South Gloucestershire One Stop Shops, including the address and opening and closing times.South Gloucestershire One Stop Shops